Our compression wear helps you to reach your full potential. It is proven to improve power, recovery and endurance.
A wealth of research supports the link between wearing compression wear and decreased post-exercise soreness. In a study published in the Journal of Sports Sciences, Dr. Ali Ajmol and colleagues found that compression socks reduced symptoms related to muscle soreness 24 hours after two separate 10K road time trials. Dr. Duffield’s research identifies a link between compression garments and reduced muscle soreness after sprinting and plyometrics. Similarly, Jakeman’s study, published just this year, found full leg compression sleeves to be effective in reducing muscle soreness following plyometric training.
For runners, researchers in Germany noted that although aerobic capacity didn’t differ between trials of those wearing compression socks compared to those wearing regular socks, athletes did run longer and hit a higher speed during a maximal treadmill test while wearing compression socks. In addition, they found that the compression sock-wearing participants’ running speeds at anaerobic threshold were higher.
While cycling research undertaken in Australia noted that there was an increased concentration of oxygen in cyclists’ muscles when they were wearing compression sleeves. They also took a longer amount of time to reach anaerobic threshold.
How does o2fit compression clothing do this?
Supporting muscles and delivering additional blood flow to key areas
Based on available scientific research published by the Australian Government these are some of the benefits of using compression clothing:
- Enhanced blood circulation
- Reduced blood lactate during peak exercise
- Increased skin temperature which enhances warm-up
- increasing vertical jump height
- improving repetitive jump power
- reducing muscle oscillation upon ground contact
- increasing torque generated about joints, improving performance and reducing the risk of injury,
- enhancing recovery following strenuous exercise by aiding in the removal of blood lactate and improving subsequent exercise performance
- reducing the effects of delayed onset muscle soreness in the days following strenuous exercise
- increasing feelings of positive leg sensations both during and following strenuous exercise.